[FoRK] Coding as a secret weapon

Jeremy Apthorp nornagon at nornagon.net
Tue Jun 21 01:22:03 PDT 2011

This excerpt from the previously posted article by zedas resonated with me,
as I'm about to enter a grad job at Google:

Programming as a profession is only moderately interesting. It can be a good
> job, but if you want to make about the same money and be happier, you could
> actually just go run a fast food joint. You are much better off using code
> as your secret weapon in another profession.

I think a lot of (all?) people here are programmers of some variety. Do you
use code as your secret weapon in a non-CS-dominated field? If so, what is
that field and how are you using your coding skills for awesome?