[FoRK] Advice From An Old Programmer

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Mon Jun 20 13:50:43 PDT 2011

On 20 Jun 2011, at 21:36, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> Religion does matter.  The days of writing B-trees or mergesorts are over.  The days of being a programmer are over.

Of course their numbers are now tiny as a proportion of the larger community of technologists but I bet there are as many or more old school programmers working today as there ever were.

The distinction would be moot but for the fact that it's a book specifically for people who want to learn to program.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten