[FoRK] [p2p-hackers] How Piracy Will Hyperlocalize with Mesh Networks

Lawnun lawnun at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 09:34:23 PST 2011

<delurk>

Eugen:

While I'm less clear on the benefits to specific mesh networks (other than
portability, I suppose), I'll say this much:  from a legal standpoint, such
geographical markers would actually make it EASIER to pinpoint actual
infringers.  One of the main battles I've been facing is explaining accuracy
of IP address information in the context of determining jurisdictional
location.  A transition to IPV6, incorporating this model would make such
issues nonexistent.  Not to mention, I wager it'd have a substantial effect
on notions of jurisdiction over the internet generally.

Carey Lening
</delurk>