[FoRK] Claim Chowder - How Many iPads Sold in 2010?

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at radicalcentrism.org
Fri Jan 21 14:12:48 PST 2011

Hi Gordon,

On Jan 21, 2011, at 1:23 PM, Gordon Mohr wrote:
> Nice job of betting your passionate conviction. I really thought by having the number above even the most bullish professional analysts – one of whom (unquoted by Gruber) had predicted about 13 million through mid-2011 – I was safe.

Just goes to show that being a professional isn't always whats its cracked up to be. -)

> Still, I love the iPad and am happy to be wrong.

:-)

> And, let this be an example to those often making gloomy-but-untestable-and-unbacked predictions (cough, *Beberg*, cough) – it's not really hard or painful to get tangible on the record.

I often fantasize about a world where every pundit was required to wage real money on every public prediction they made, with comprehensive tracking and ratings.

I am still amazed that financial analysts are *not* formally tracked in that manner...

-- Ernie P.