[FoRK] Apple Sells Two Million iPads in Less Than 60 Days

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at radicalcentrism.org
Tue Jun 1 13:35:10 PDT 2010

Have we passed the one month blackout yet?

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/05/31ipad.html

> CUPERTINO, California—May 31, 2010—Apple® today announced that iPad™ sales have topped two million in less than 60 days since its launch on April 3. Apple began shipping iPad in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK this past weekend. iPad will be available in nine more countries in July and additional countries later this year.

My bets are looking better. :-)

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2010/05/31/2m-ipads

> It took two years for Apple to sell the two-millionth iPod, and four months to sell the two-millionth iPhone.

Though I must confess even I was taken aback by this meme:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-05-28/apple-ipad-outshines-mona-lisa-as-global-sales-start-update2-.html

> May 28 (Bloomberg) -- In the basement of Paris’s Louvre museum, the early line for Apple Inc.’s iPad far surpassed that for entry to see the Mona Lisa.

Yeah, yeah, I know. But still...

-- Ernie P.