[FoRK] At a police state near you...

Bill Stoddard wgstoddard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 13:18:53 PDT 2009

A (good while) back, I commented on this list about the Republican
Party's eventual adoption of the China business model... This is an old
article that captures the idea perfectly:

"Remember how we've always been told that free markets and free people
go hand in hand? That was a lie. It turns out that the most efficient
delivery system for capitalism is actually a communist-style police
state, fortressed with American "homeland security" technologies, pumped
up with "war on terror" rhetoric. "

http://www.naomiklein.org/articles/2008/05/chinas-all-seeing-eye

Bill (who is a steadfast capitalist but dreading the day Republicans
realize this shit) S.