[FoRK] Google Wave - Reset, Observations, and Questions

Gavin Thomas Nicol gtn at rbii.com
Tue Jun 9 21:54:49 PDT 2009

On Jun 8, 2009, at 12:26 PM, Reza B'Far wrote:

> FMost of what I saw in Google Wave in the video was cosmetic
> sugar... 1-2
> features were really cool.  I wonder if that's a descent assessment
> and if
> that's the case, then can you create large market penetration and
> monetize
> based on that strategy.

I think this is fair.

For the most part, I thought the demo was a lot of 'whizz bang, soon
to be boring' fluff, but the potential of the stuff *underlying* it as
a disruptive force is interesting. Seriously, I could care less if you
can see the characters I'm typing in 99.99% of the cases, BUT, having
a common base upon which you can express the different forms of
interaction, and potentially, a uniform formal model... that's
interesting.