[FoRK] google wave

Gavin Thomas Nicol gtn at rbii.com
Tue Jun 9 21:46:05 PDT 2009

On May 30, 2009, at 10:28 PM, Damien Morton wrote:

> Not just Notes - but also OpenDoc, OLE, Xanadu, versioning XML
> stores, all
> that stuff that's 5 years in the future.

These are all things I've spent more of my life on than I care to
remember.... been working on versioned XML stores since before there
was XML :) I also build a system somewhat similar to Wave back in the
late 80's, but it used s-expressions instead of XML, but the UI and
state of the application were represented using s-expressions, so you
could modify the UI as well. It also had a history/playback mechanism.

Also relevant are overlapping markup (Range Algebra, LMNL), annotation
persistence in structured documents, etc. etc.