[FoRK] Stimulus Package Passes

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Feb 10 15:10:16 PST 2009

Rewarding the looters / profiteers sucks.  Not the real value-adders, or
the investors mainly, but those who knowingly gamed the system knowing
they were extracting extreme payback for negative value.

The truth seems to be more annoying: Those that probably made most of
the money weren't the owners and managers of the "bad" companies, but
probably those either now gone with their winnings or who had access but
no culpability.  So, in a lot of cases, it probably doesn't make sense
to beat up the owner of the scene of the crime rather than the long-gone
bandit.  I'm all for making life miserable for the real culprits however.

sdw