[FoRK] I've joined the modern era

Corinna Schultz corinna.schultz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 21:55:46 PST 2009

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 7:37 PM, silky <michaelslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> And to be honest, in regards to "reconnecting with old friends", my
> general opinion on that is that I'm not in contact with them now for a
> reason ... because I never cared.

For me, it's mostly because I didn't consider that one day I wouldn't
be able to find them, due to lost cellphone, changed email account,
not realizing that I really did/would care after growing up a bit
first. Most people in my past, though... yeah, couldn't care less.

Google is less than helpful for being found years later if you have a
common name or share a name with someone famous, or if you're female
and never used your maiden name online. The only reference I found to
my maiden name was in an obscure credit attached to a SURF project I
did the summer after my freshman year, for instance.