[FoRK] I've joined the modern era

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Sun Feb 1 12:47:12 PST 2009

There's a lot of whitelist/blacklist security features and the ability to
disability notification from all or some applications....so, yeah, I'd say
so. And on the news feed...if you create FOAF Relationship schema-like
Friends Groups you can just filter the feed to show what those groups are up
to or you can see a live feed of all your friends rather than the standard
one which seems to be based on some algorhythm of who and what you look at
most.

They're making it smarter AND putting the user in control of what they can
see.

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Bill Humphries <whump at mac.com> wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2009, at 12:25 PM, Russell Turpin wrote:
>
>  Are people still doing that?
>>

> There are many things about FB that annoy me. And it seems like a real time
> sink to use for community hygene. I've disabled my account for the past few
> months. Should I reactivate it and put up with the annoyance for the
> benefits?
>
> -- whump

B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

http://www.wkdelong.org                    Son.
http://www.ianetsec.com                    Work.
http://www.bostonredcross.org             Volunteer.
http://www.carolingia.eastkingdom.org   Service.
http://bkdelong.livejournal.com             Play.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org