[FoRK] Anathem

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 10:17:16 PST 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 10:52 PM, James Walker <alcuith at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Any others get through it?  Views?

Space Opera? Yep very much one after it rolls past the SchoolDaze
sections(with its near Heese vibe), which I liked as well. The
language issue I dug, not as well done as Clockwork Orange ...I would
put it  above Whedon's turn and working in language twists in the
Firefly Verse though.

Overall it had a nice rompy feel with enough nooks to keep me reading.
I was expecting a Shafttoe or Waterhouse to make an appearance...did
they in alternaverse form and I missed the reference??

-tom(standing desk setup=shorter posts)higgins