[FoRK] Hrm... *crickets*

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 11:23:34 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> wrote:

> Talk to people that do just about anything. Our economy is dead and buried,
> it just hasn't hit us yet. America and almost everyone in it is broke. Most
> people don't even know anyone who has a single useful skill if the network
> is down, let alone when the gas hits $10. 2/3 of our economy is "Services"
> which don't actually _do_ anything at all, at best it's selling broken
> Chinese stuff to broke people. Hell 1/3 of Americans can't even graduate
> high school.

Dead on true, and also a point that will help show who gets thru the
next dark ages as serfs and who rides them as barons.

Diversifying skills sets, oh heck yea. Introduce yourself to your
hands (settle down settle down you meatheads) and learn a few ways to
feed a hungry stomach that does not involve driving to the near by
starsucks for a latte and muffin.

-tom(aint no survivalist rant, just plain common sense...gwump)higgins