[FoRK] OB_JEFFERSON

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Wed Jun 11 16:19:08 PDT 2008

Simon Wistow wrote on 6/11/2008 3:21 PM:
> What would make it suck more is this new tax
>
> http://www.withersworldwide.com/news-publications/324/exit-tax-u-s-expatriates-to-become-law.aspx
>
> which, unless I'm reading it wrong, under certain, quite common
> circumstances would mean I would have to, amongst other things, pay a
> one off tax of 30% on the net unrealized gain of all my assets
> *worldwide*.

Yup. The US is desperate to keep people from moving money elsewhere so
it can keep feeding on the taxes. Just look what is happening to
California as the rich people pull money and themselves out to avoid the
insane taxes here. Holy deficit Batmat.

Since we all know the ship is sinking and the smart money is exiting
stage left, the gov is doing the things governments do in that
situation, and this is usually the first step. Not far down the road is
prohibiting turning dollars into other currencies. Get your money into
atoms while you can ;) Oh but another step is opening and seizing safety
deposit boxes to sell the stuff for state revenue, which also already
happened here in California, wheee!

Crossref this with the swiss safe deposit box seizing, you'll see that
they are also essentially shutting down the swiss banks. The US has
forced them to open up records, which of course means anyone that would
want a swiss account no longer does. And they wonder why commodities are
going nuts. Fiat currency, take #782154. Never ends any differently.

Watch Florida for the housing/banking collapse, California for the asset
seizures. The war on the rich has begun, and they will win.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/