[FoRK] its like something cooked up by libertarians

Dave Long dave.long at bluewin.ch
Wed Jun 11 02:48:11 PDT 2008

> None of this bus / train nonsense.  Who wants to ride around with
> those guys that smell like urine and mumble apocalyptically all the
> time, anyway?

Well, see, that's your problem right there.  You have a warped image
of buses and trains brought on, no doubt, by living in a banana
republic.

Here everybody, politicians included, ("the public") actually uses
public transport.  5'000 USD buys a first class subscription for the
year, suitable for travel to all major cities with no fossil fuel
consumption, and just about anywhere in the country with minimal
consumption.

And as for those guys that smell like urine and mumble
apocalyptically?  I remember them well from the States, and I hear
they have enough in France to have an acronym (SDF), but it's been a
long time since I've seen one.  There are certain advantages to
living in a first-world country.

-Dave

:: :: ::

"Mercer's 2008 Quality of Living survey highlights"
http://www.mercer.com/referencecontent.jhtml?idContent=1306635
1. Zürich
2. Genève
28. Honolulu
29. San Francisco
50. Seattle
sorry, I'm not about to drop 300 EUR just to find out where the I's
of texas may fall...
215. بغداد