[FoRK] Hey, big spender...

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Tue Jun 10 12:03:15 PDT 2008

On Jun 10, 2008, at 1:08 PM, Luis Villa wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 8:45 AM, Lucas Gonze <lucas.gonze at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Jeff man, what's up with you and Obama?  These proposals -- assuming
>> that I'll accept your rhetorics about what they are -- aren't
>> whoppers, they're completely ordinary.  Calling them "giant piles ...
>> confiscated" is what's over the top.
>
> And I don't see you saying the same things about the much *more*
> expensive plans for endless war coming from McCain.

$1T in new (social) spend by Obama tops the cost or 4 more years of
Iraq occupation (est. $15B / mo * 48 mos = $675B, assuming no troop
draw-down or other cost reductions.)  BTW, apropos that "fable" of a
figure, you might want to check w/ e.g. about.com, usnews.com, or ---
wait for it --- ***NPR***.  In fact, a buddy of mine mentioned hearing
that figure on NPR *this morning.*

   http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080216202609AA1S3Qo

   http://www.usnews.com/blogs/capital-commerce/2008/2/14/obamas-trillion-dollar-spending-plan.html

In fact, don't take it from me --- take it from Obama himself:

   http://www.usnews.com/blogs/capital-commerce/2008/2/12/is-obama-really-the-liberal-reagan.html

Bzzzt, thanks for playing.

I'm not defending McCain's position on continued war in Iraq.
*Attacking* Candidate #1 is not the same as *Defending* Candidate #2.

I'm challenging the notion --- and the holders of same --- that you
can fix an economy battered by irresponsible spending with MORE
spending.

> Unless you've got
> an alternative, the endless complaining ranting is repetitive and
> uninteresting.

You can stop at whatever point you feel overcome w/ ennui... ;-)

jb