[FoRK] One fundamental problem with the left...

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Mon Jun 9 19:10:40 PDT 2008

On Jun 9, 2008, at 7:55 PM, paul wrote:

> Jeff Bone said the following on 6/9/2008 7:10 PM:
> <snip>
>> Who do tax cuts cost?
>> Nobody.  *Government spending* costs *individual tax payers* money.
>
> Well, yeah.
>
>> Tax cuts cost nothing;  they are merely a reduction in the
>> government stealing money from its people.
>
> Stealing ala inflation/devaluation?

No, I meant actually stealing.  You know that money that you nominally
make that you never actually get to put in your bank?  You actually
did make that money.  They just took it away before you could bank
it.  SO *that's* the stealing I'm talking about.

But yeah, they steal in other ways, too;  following policies intended
to devalue the currency relative to other ones, massive government
borrowing / deficit spending, etc.

jb