[FoRK] Superhuman feats of programming expression

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Sun Feb 3 11:40:49 PST 2008

On Feb 3, 2008, at 12:49 PM, Andy Armstrong wrote:

> On 3 Feb 2008, at 18:25, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
>> Have you considered Forth?  (Or it's less bare metal cousin,
>> Postscript?)
>
> Forth is a magical thing but not really practical for the kinds of
> problem people want to solve these days. Unless they're controlling
> a telescope of course :)

Joel Reymont, the king of waffling on programming language of choice
--- really, I mean, the guy can change his mind about programming
language to use for any given task more quickly than Cher changes
costumes during her show --- recently told his editor to F-off on the
"Hardcore Erlang" book he was supposed to be writing, presumably due
to concluding that Erlang was not suitable for his purposes (much
less being worthy of writing a book about it.)

He's devoting himself to working on trading systems.  Again.  For the
next 15 minutes.

And he's apparently now a total devotee of Factor, the most recent
arrival in the Forth family...

Ugh.

jb