[FoRK] Re: Arc's out, Nu vs. newLISP, and a retort to Paul Graham's elitism

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Wed Jan 30 23:21:49 PST 2008

My point, which somebody else summarized quite nicely, is merely this:

"We all make mistakes, but few of us are so vocal about how everyone
else makes mistakes or how we are going to correct them all.  He has
basically called every non-lisp programmer a looser, then said that
all lisp users are misguided too but he will bring them to salvation.
Unfortunately his salvation has the appearance of something a novice
writes in a SICP course.  Basically he is a braggart and people are
enjoying the opportunity to call him on it."

+1, perfect summarization,

$0.02,

Note:  #1 on programming.reddit as I type this,

jb