[FoRK] More cool things: two useful Google hacks

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Thu Oct 11 13:36:23 PDT 2007

Not quite exactly what Lion's looking for, but:

You can restrict Google queries to a particular set of websites, thus
in essence creating a "custom search engine" that only operates over
the indicated sites.

DeliGoo is a tool that uses this feature to build a custom index of
your (or anyone's) delicious bookmarks, or any tagged subset thereof,
in effect giving you a searchable browse history.  Very useful,
though I wish it was just a straight-up web interface rather than a
Firefox / IE extension.

Cf.

   http://www.deligoo.com

--

Also --- random tangent, but --- in Google spreadsheets it's possible
to look up various bits of random information (number of internet

   http://documents.google.com/support/spreadsheets/bin/answer.py?
answer=54199&ctx=sibling

All the pieces are getting there, albeit slowly...

$0.02,

jb