[FoRK] Poll: I would rather my daughter married a Muslim than an Atheist

Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> on Fri Jun 22 00:12:05 PDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 11:48:59PM -0700, Lion Kimbro wrote:

>  "What do I want to be when I grow up," a 10 year old asks himself.
>  Science is mute to him.

The stupid git didn't listen. I did, and the answer was quite
easy: if you can't become a magician, become a motherfucking
scientist! But I think I was well past that stage at 10.
I was blowing shit up to high heavens in the first grade,
or something.

I still think it's an excellent choice, unfortunately, the
society think a scientist is something much less than a plumber,
or a car mechanic, at least according to what society pays to
such.