[FoRK] Lee Iacocca: Where Have All the Leaders Gone?

Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> on Mon Apr 23 13:05:30 PDT 2007

On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 04:54:53PM -0700, Baron Earl wrote:
> On 4/21/07, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> >My impression is that:
> >Clinton lied about blow jobs.  People were suspicious of
> >comments/denials about other women, some land sale deal, etc.  Nothing
> >having to do with matters of the state sticks out as an issue of any
> >consequence.  Few things that were beyond minor for me.

"Matters of state" +1.

> There was an endless series of scandals and suspicious goings-on, such
> as the Vince Foster suicide, FLEO bungling and over-reaction at Waco,
> closed hearings on health care reform, Travelgate, and assorted former
> mistresses which made the administration seem vaguely sleazy and
> corrupt.

You might want to list the Scaife smear-campaigns separately.

And it seemed like the folks who blamed Clinton for Waco weren't willing
to blame Bush I for Ruby Ridge.  I guess the buck stops --> over there.

Someday Clinton will be mentioned in a corollary to Godwin's Law,
  Aaron