[FoRK] Lee Iacocca: Where Have All the Leaders Gone?

Kevin Elliott <K-Elliott at wiu.edu> on Wed Apr 18 13:29:34 PDT 2007

At 10:58 -0700  on  4/18/07, Baron Earl wrote:
>He was also acquitted of impeachment charges by the Senate, although
>he was impeached by the House. Not being a lawyer -- and not caring a
>great deal one way or the other -- I'm not sure if that qualifies as
>"has been impeached" or not.

It does.  He joins Andrew Johnson in America's Great Record Book.
The procedural circumstances are essentially the same- the house
Impeached with a set of charges, and the Senate did not convict.

I don't think you can argue that Nixon was "Impeached"- proceedings
were begun in the house, but he resigned before those proceedings
came to a vote.  I'd consider it functionally equivalent to someone
dying before a Grand Jury hands down and indictment.