[FoRK] Re: "Thanks for the Facts. Now Sell Them."

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Wed Apr 18 11:07:19 PDT 2007

> What do I dislike in what you say?  The nonsense, and the rhetoric,
> and the arrogant normative stance.  It's de rigeur for
> "spiritualists" who are alarmed to see the rationalists FINALLY
> standing up and treating all the nonsense with the contempt it so
> fully deserves...

Such a cranky head you are MrBone:)-

Honestly it does not surprise me this stuff is still being tolerated,
dig the fact that for a long time if the rationalists got to uppity
you could just ail them, hunt them, or at the very least whip up that
ol time religious fervor and ostracize em. Look at the lengths
Jefferson went to to keep his reworking of the bible under wraps
during the earlier days. Take a peek at how Americans view atheists.

So yea, rational thought is just not the bedrock of the nations
zeitgeist literate intelligent people would like it to be. Now on the
global scale its equally as depressing, there are places where the
most insane of myths continue to demand people maul, mutilate and dumb
down themselves. Examples are crazy abounding.

keep the faith Mr Bone:)-

-tomhiggins