[FoRK] Re: "Thanks for the Facts. Now Sell Them."

Bill Stoddard <bill at wstoddard.com> on Tue Apr 17 07:26:47 PDT 2007

Jeff Bone wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2007, at 9:03 PM, Lion Kimbro wrote:
>
>>  People are *right* to reject a purposeless, hollow, soulless worldview.
>>
>>  At any rate, this is my thought.  If we are to do more than "fend off"
>>  religionists, I think we need to dramatically adjust our consciousness
>>  about what science is, and what we need as people, and what the
>>  universe is, and what it means.
>
> Reality is what it is.
Yep. And like it or not, Kimbro has a good grasp of it, although I
suspect his quest is futile.

Reality:
- Not everyone sees the world the same way
- Past attempts to force people to see the world the same way have all
gone -very- badly (Mao, Pol Pot, you-know-who)

I am reminded of this quote...
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be
normal." - Albert Camus

Bill