[FoRK] It's time for... The US Territory of Mexico

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Mon Apr 16 15:20:37 PDT 2007

Elias Sinderson wrote on 4/16/2007 2:31 PM:
> Why stop with Mexico? It would be far easier to defend N America from
> Panama.

Actually I think you just want Brazil. Nothing between here and there
has anything but some oil (in decline), drugs (growing), and remittances
(from illegals in the US) as far as significant economic activity goes.

Legalizing drugs and blocking remittances would take Central America
from 3rd world to post-apocalyptic wasteland, since the oil money only
goes to the rulers... and would send 100m+ people pouring into the US.
It's profound how much difference even a little education can make to an
economy.

Halliburton isn't building massive detainment camps along the US border
for nothing. I just hope the whole country doesn't end up like Los
Angeles, where blacks are shot on sight by the Mexican gangs :(

Somebody better start defending our border, and get our military all
deployed at home soon, we're gonna need every last one of them. They are
coming sooner or later, and the Mexicans are WAY better armed then the
US army - they have better funding :(

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/