[FoRK] hmm...

Albert S. <albert.scherbinsky at rogers.com> on Fri Mar 2 06:36:34 PST 2007

--- Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> The point is that a sack of rice toppled in China,
> and Dow dropped half a kilopoint. Meaning, it was
> just a trigger. There is plenty of other triggers
> available. Doesn't this make you a little bit
> nervous?

What would make me nervous is if stocks kept going
straight up even in the face of North American GDP
going from 4% to 2% and decelerating earnings growth.
The more stocks get overvalued the bigger the
potential for a dot bomb like crash.  Stocks in North
America and Europe are in fact close to fairly valued
except for some pockets of froth like REITs (see the
ETF IYR) for instance.

Cheers,
Albert

P.S. You can make money when stocks go down too. Get Shorty.