[FoRK] Who Else Ordered an AppleTV?

Eugen Leitl < eugen at leitl.org > on > Tue Jan 9 12:03:00 PST 2007

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 11:45:33AM -0800, Ian Andrew Bell wrote:
> Basically Apple would be hard pressed to market anything at the $299
> price threshold that I WOULDN'T buy.

I'm a bit underwhelmed (I expected a MacBook tablet, and now I'm
disappointed). The Apple TV is apparently not a cheaper Mac mini,
and I still haven't gotten one (the G4 iBook still suffices for
my needs). Don't see much point in the iPhone, too, I already got
a smartphone with paired Bluetooth GPS and a headset, a 1.3 MPixel cam
and 1 GByte of flash, which does pretty much all this thing does,
albeit with more clunk and way less glitz.

A detachable hires eyepiece and enough accelerometers for dead reckoning
(I'd settle for a Bluetooth GPS velcroed to the hat) as well as a Twiddler
interface with some 8-10 h runtime would be exciting.