[FoRK] Argh! braindead hotmail (rant)

Corinna < corinna.schultz at gmail.com > on > Mon Sep 4 10:37:41 PDT 2006

The is the most recent reply I got from Hotmail:
-----
However, if you are having issues with your password, I suggest you reset it
using the "Reset by E-mail" feature.  This feature allows you to reset your
own password by clicking on the link contained in the e-mail that will be
sent to your account.  You do not need to provide your account information;
all you have to do is to enter your new password once you have clicked on
the link mentioned.
-----

OK, I RTFM'd. I sent a tech support email, saying I'd RTFM'd and I need
another solution. I got a reply which basically was a polite version of
RTFM. I replied back saying I'd RTFM'd and I need another solution. I got
another reply which is basically RTFM....

The problem is, the FM says, in effect, "if you can't access your email,
click here and we'll send you an email allowing you to reset your password."
wtf?

So I guess I'll reply yet again saying I have RTFM'd and I need a different
way to reset my password (which I've said about 3 times already).

Why am I using hotmail? Well, it has something to do with UTPA's email
access, which has something to do with accessing their internal wifi
network. I haven't been on campus at a time when the service desk was open,
so I'm trying other things (which may or may not makes sense, I know, since
they don't actually *tell* us anything, just "click here and type this".). I
think I'll just have to drive out there early, visit the help desk, and get
them to give me access to the network by hook or by crook...

Last year, the network was open. Now they're making people have passwords.
Somehow, mine isn't working. Argh!

-Corinna