[FoRK] what does evesdropping sound like?

Corinna < corinna.schultz at gmail.com > on > Sun Jul 9 16:19:08 PDT 2006

Just being paranoid (probably), but recently, my husband called me on my cell
from our landline. As we were talking, we heard a faint series of tones, like a
machine was dialing (like when you get transferred by an automated system), but
there were more than 7. No clicks or other sounds, just tones. We hung up, and I
called him back, and the tones were still there, but stopped after a few
seconds. We made a joke about the NSA, and kept talking.

But now I'm wondering what would cause those sounds?

-Corinna