[FoRK] Succinct Trig

Stephen D. Williams < sdw at lig.net > on > Tue Jul 4 20:31:18 PDT 2006

Most of the author's comments were about the difference between modern
aerodynamic engineer / pilot terms vs. Wright Bros. and their era's
terms.  It might be however that the author wasn't familiar with that
use of "normal".  I know that use first/best from 3D modeling and animation.

It's pretty interesting how much the terms and concepts were used and
available to anyone (in Ohio!) back in 1901/2.  It's also interesting
how much progress they made in a few months relative to the rest of the
scientific world.

sdw