[FoRK] Re: Re: The Larry Niven School of Tai Chi

Corinna < corinna.schultz at gmail.com > on > Wed May 3 06:50:42 PDT 2006

I replied privately before I saw this message had appeard on FoRK. So in the
interest of historical posterity, here's my reply to Joe...

"Joe Barrera" <joe at barrera.org> wrote in message
> Why blasphemous?
----

Because Tai Chi is such a serious art/pursuit. I didn't mean
"blasphemous" in a religious sense, more like making fun of something
which has a deep significance, and really shouldn't be made fun of.
(Amusing + blasphemous = guilty, half-embarassed pleasure)

I didn't mean it in a critical way; it's hard to convey a lightness of
tone, which is why I put in a smiley.

I've read a lot about the internal discipline side of it, and it
really strikes a chord with me. I'm going to try to get into it this
summer (right now I'm a wannabe - I took a 6-week class a long time
ago and really enjoyed it).

-Corinna