[FoRK] mod_pubsub way ahead of its time: Comet solves Ajax-envy

Damien Morton < fork at bitfurnace.com > on > Wed Mar 8 18:29:02 PST 2006

Umm, I hate to call you on this, but what in particular does AJAX have
to do with UNIX?

I was doing AJAX in 1999, but it wasnt called that then, and it was
IE-only, because only IE had a DOM mutable in javascript. Its only with
the death of UNIX-ish / FOSS Netscape that AJAX has become a relatively
universal possibility.