[FoRK] Re: Re: flag burning...

Corinna corinna.schultz
Wed Nov 2 09:57:51 PST 2005

The Lame Reason:  The pep rally thing was in the municipal auditorium, and
it was dark, so it didn't really matter anyway. Plus, there's no law
governing this situation.  If there had been a prayer, say, I would have
done the same thing. Even if they had played the alma mater or something
similar.

The Better Reason:  Having the kids stand reinforces the idea of having
respect, and prevents them from continuing to talk, or whatever. They're
kids, and things need to be a bit more blatant for them (I stood in the
classroom, btw). It has to do with discipline and socializing them to be
civilized.

I'm not claiming to be consistent or have clearly developed ideas in this
area.  :)

There's a sense that in the classroom, I'm in a totally different role than
out of it, and have different requirements on my behavior. It's hard to
explain, but one reason I quit was that I really didn't like the way I felt
torn in half by the job. It caused a fair amount of stress for me. When I
started, I expected some difficulty because of my philosophical differences,
but the actual experience was tougher than I expected.

I'm much happier as a programmer...

-Corinna

news:20051102104410.i441oajfm7lwkgss at 216.194.106.19...