[FoRK] Should we add some ads to FoRK-archive? At 60K hits/day...

Stephen Williams sdw
Wed Oct 5 20:43:16 PDT 2005

Something innocuous like Google ads would be fine with me.
How much bandwidth does that use?

Next week I'm having a full T1, 100% CIR, 29 static IPs, and unlimited
commercial use installed. It's a replacement for my now-flakey DSL. I
also have a natural gas line powered backup generator and, for the
office, redundant cooling. Plus, two racks below grade all on GigE
backbones. Plus, I have something of a backup link with my cablemodem
and I know that my ISP will could tunnel my IPs if the main link was down.

I have two other sites (Sprintlink T1 and Road Runner commercial) I
should be using as a backup, at least a read-only backup, if I can get
around to it.

I certainly could use some subsidising. I've been thinking of adding ads
to http://www.skatedc.org for instance.

sdw