[FoRK] Three most import attributes for a Bush appointment

Luis Villa luis.villa
Wed Oct 5 20:29:39 PDT 2005

On 10/5/05, Udhay Shankar N <udhay at pobox.com> wrote:
> At 05:47 AM 10/6/2005, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> > > Numbers I've seen indicate that outsourcing is mostly shifting jobs
> > > overseas that used to be outsourced to companies in the US. Which
> > > companies have you heard of shifting their *core competency* IT
> > > outside of the company?
> >
> >Novell, MIT, and Sun have all shifted core development work to India
> >and China. Those are just the projects/companies I've had direct
> >relationships with.
>
> I don't think that this is outside the company, though.

Not that I think it is relevant to Beberg's point, but MIT and Sun's
folks in India are external contractors doing work that once upon a
time would have been Sun and MIT-internal. Novell India and Sun China
(that I've dealt with) are still technically in-house, yes.

Luis