[FoRK] Should we add some ads to FoRK-archive? At 60K hits/day...

kelley at inkworkswell.com kelley
Wed Oct 5 18:52:56 PDT 2005

We've been working on and off with the guy who runs Henwood' pipermail
archives. Someone mentioned that the google ads at his archives didn't make
more than $10/month. I pointed out that it was because they're just not in
your face enough. They'd placed the ads at the top of the archive pages and
most people just whiz by that, looking for the bits. Need to have your ads
near the bits.

We did a quickie template for hosting, not just googleads, but possibly
blogads, which are better money. Haven't had time to babysit the server
over a weekend to update the templates though. So it's sitting on the
backburner.

Kelley

When you need to communicate, Ink Works!
http://www.inkworkswell.com
+1 (727) 942-9255