[FoRK] bioinformatics

Strata R. Chalup strata
Wed Oct 5 12:09:25 PDT 2005

Run away! Run away!

My husband had been working in bioinformatics for many years.  There's a path in
it working for Big Pharma, or for small drug discovery companies, but largely
they're hiring PhD and MD folks from other countries who have retrained in CS in
this country.  Basically, there's such a surplus of people who have biology and
medical background AND programming, that unless you already have that
background, or a shiny new bioinformatics mixed degree, you can't compete at
good salary ranges.

SRC