[FoRK] DBs and online forms

Gavin Thomas Nicol gtn
Wed Oct 5 06:18:40 PDT 2005

On Oct 4, 2005, at 10:17 PM, Culture Lab wrote:
> So, the next step is to see if anyone's created such an app,
> translating either raw data right into a predefined form or created
> a database backend to do live processing of the input to the
> Acrobat PDF file on line. Am I making any sense? (This isn't my
> field, which is why I'm asking around here.)

If you can get the actual BigCo form in PDF that has field
definitions, you can use various toolkits (in Java and other
languages) to enter the data directly into the PDF. Of course, if you
want to reuse the data, you might be better putting it into a db or
an XML file, and converting that into PDF (use db->xml->FOP (thanks
James :-)).