[FoRK] Three most import attributes for a Bush appointment

Adam L Beberg beberg
Wed Oct 5 03:54:14 PDT 2005

Strata R. Chalup wrote on 10/4/2005 12:59 AM:

> Are you planning to be dead then, or living in another country, or what?

No, probably, uploaded?

By the time I finish my PhD, there will be no computer science students
left in the US for me to teach. Everyone knows all the tech jobs are
headed for places you earn $200/month. Between DARPA, NIH, and NSF
cutbacks, there will also be no money for non-military research.

So I will probably not be looking for jobs here.

Europe is nice, but likely to reglaciate when the gulf stream stops and
oil prices are already causing economic problems. Asia is where all the
economic action is, and they can think more then 1 quarterly statement
ahead, but the languages and being a 6'1" near albino means jobs there
are probably out of the question. Lots of relatives in Canada, the
people are nice too. Who knows.

But I think it's safe to assume you'll see an Atlas Shrugged scale evac
of anyone with resources out of the US when the shit hits the fan and
the 20 dollar bill becomes toilet paper.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/