[FoRK] Ning, a social app construction set

B.K. DeLong bkdelong
Tue Oct 4 14:13:01 PDT 2005

At 05:00 PM 10/4/2005, Jim Whitehead wrote:
>The main flaw, that I can see, is that any really successful business
>using Ning might feel uncomfortable with Ning having so much control
>over their fate. Still, it seems very attractive for performing rapid
>prototyping and deployment of social apps.

Agreed - there's a lot of opportunity for Google Earth Dynamic Data
Layer Apps to be hosted there, I believe. Hopefully they have an
infrastructure to handle massive use of such apps.

--
B.K. DeLong
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471 (Note new number)

http://www.brain-stream.com               Play.
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org        Potter.
http://www.hackerfoundation.org          Future.
http://www.wkdelong.org           Son.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org