[FoRK] Ning, a social app construction set

Lucas Gonze lgonze
Tue Oct 4 14:11:00 PDT 2005

Jim Whitehead wrote:

> The main flaw, that I can see, is that any really successful business
> using Ning might feel uncomfortable with Ning having so much control
> over their fate. Still, it seems very attractive for performing rapid
> prototyping and deployment of social apps.

True and true.  However I know that they're working on ways to allow
developers to control their own fate, for example by using their own
domain name.

(I've been working with Ning as a friendly third party for a few months
now).

- Lucas