[FoRK] Hospitals and births (was Re: (no subject))

Mark Nottingham mnot
Tue Oct 4 13:19:01 PDT 2005

It's not for a lack of trying in the Bay area; the nurses and
Lactation Naz^H^H^H Consultants made us feel as if we might as well
kill our first child rather than have a natural, anaesthetic-free,
breast-fed baby. Never mind that he literally would have killed my
wife if he was delivered naturally, and that, being 11 pounds, he
couldn't physically be sustained by her alone. No, it's better for
him to starve than to get formula, to listen to them.

That's why we had our second (three weeks ago) in a nice, Catholic
hospital; they ask you once, and then respect your decisions, no
questions asked. Go figure.

P.S. Since I already brushed against Godwin's Law there, we can
hopefully avoid the traditional Breastfeeding Flame War. Can't you
wait to reproduce, Rohit?