[FoRK] Active-X hell

Brian Atkins brian
Mon Oct 3 22:42:48 PDT 2005

Joe Barrera wrote:

> But you can restore an image and then copy files off of it
> without booting. So I'd stick with imaging.

I suppose, but the primary reason I switched to imaging was to greatly reduce
the downtime and annoyance factor when my drive eventually dies and has to be
replaced. If I still end up manually installing stuff and copying files around
for various apps, and in addition to that I first have to restore a full image
to a separate PC, it doesn't sound like I'm accomplishing my original goals.
--
Brian Atkins
http://www.singinst.org/