[FoRK] Active-X hell

Brian Atkins brian
Mon Oct 3 20:31:08 PDT 2005

With the increasing trend of spyware using rootkits to embed itself below the
technical radar of scanners, and other dirty tricks, it's probably best to
reinstall.

Although by being careful I've never been infected by a virus or spyware in my
years of computing (to my knowledge), I'm still debating whether this increasing
nastiness means I should dump my current disk imaging backup scheme and just go
back to standard file backups, since an image will likely be suspect in any
future breach.
--
Brian Atkins
http://www.singinst.org/