[FoRK] Three most import attributes for a Bush appointment

Stephen D. Williams sdw
Mon Oct 3 20:07:31 PDT 2005

I think that is a bit much.  I was however thinking today that it's cute
and cool that EU is working so hard to be America'.
I'm not qualified to have a deep opinion on this, so take it as an
"American impressionist" view, but it sure seems like a nice, warty,
instructive convergence to stable democracy / capitalism.  Vis a vis
"F*** France", at some point the errors will go from being buried in
layers of nationalism to clear merits of different approaches competing
under the same rules.

As for the US being a joke, well, maybe too many of us are.  There were
certainly a lot of sheep in NO, including police and a National Guard
unit.  I suspect that a few dozen farmers or other real doers would have
whipped things into shape, if they weren't stopped by the police that is.

sdw