[FoRK] Open Link: Objects+piping (and better)+real loose coupling

Gavin Thomas Nicol gtn
Mon Oct 3 05:58:08 PDT 2005

On Oct 3, 2005, at 12:40 AM, Andy Armstrong wrote:

> I wonder what could be done in the direction of a lazy DOM parser -
> something that stored the whole source text and only parsed the
> bits it needed to as nodes were requested.

I wrote one once... the only hard thing is entity references. Even
then, I cannot understand why people keep stuff in XML/DOM when you
can just use object trees instead. It especially drives me nuts when
I see people writing an integer value into a DOM tree and then
constantly reparsing it to get the numeric value (common pattern in
configuration files etc.)