[FoRK] good quality digital recorders

John D. Mitchell johnm-fork at non.net
Sat May 14 10:51:00 PDT 2005

[...]

> I just picked me up an Iriver 899 (1gig). Man on Man oh Manochvitz is it
> ever the dealio.

> -Uses 1 (one) AA battery. I hang mine from a neck strap.TINY -A Linein
> which can be set to true linein or a preampled MicIn. This alone made it
> a must have for me.  -A little built in mic for those times your don't
> have the external mic. It sounds not crappy, even ok with you dont have
> wind blowing into it.

My wife just started taking voice/singing lessons and wants a recorder for
practicing.

I'm getting her one of these iRiver bad boys but what mic should I get for
it?  This is more for serious practice rather than for public consumption
so it doesn't have to be anything super good/expensive but something that
has good coverage for more than just talking in an interview.

Any recommendations or pointers?

Thanks,
	John