[FoRK] announce: y! + xspf

Lucas Gonze lgonze at panix.com
Wed May 11 21:39:21 PDT 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Venki Iyer wrote:
> On 5/11/05, Lucas Gonze <lgonze at panix.com> wrote:
>> Three, our guiding obsession was to marry timed media with web standards
>> for the first time, and this is a theme which many FoRKers will appreciate
>> -- we were aggressive about using existing web standards whenever
>> possible.

> So this would be some combination of SMIL and SDP? Or that oddball
> TV-Anywhen stuff those old europeans did a while back?
>
> No? Oh, you meant some *OTHER* web standards.

:_)

It's different from SMIL in the sense that it's intentional markup,
meaning that the data format expresses human-level things like 'this is a
title' rather than presentation issues like 'use a bold font'.

> :-) Congratulations. Seriously. I sure as hell haven't done anything
> that got adopted by anyone.

Thanks!  It's unbelievably hard to pull one of these numbers off.  I can't
believe that we actually did it.

- Lucas