[FoRK] McDonald's in Japan

J.Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Thu Nov 18 00:12:37 PST 2004

On Nov 17, 2004, at 8:37 AM, Gavin Thomas Nicol wrote:
> Various studies *have* shown a link between diet and health issues,
> such as breast cancer, where soy-rich diets before puberty reduce
> cancer incidence rates significantly (there are less conclusive
> studies about the benefits on older women). Even then though, what the
> exact relationship is remains unclear.

While at the same time there have been studies that show strong
correlations between soy and glandular problems (in young people) and
substantial cognitive decline (in older people).

Basically, we're screwed.  All this stuff kills us one way or another.
It is like that evil bastard cardiovascular disease.  Before the age of
50, it is primarily caused by dietary fats and such.  Over 60 it is
primarily caused by  dietary carbohydrates (various forms of
accumulated insulin damage).  There is almost no way to win the "proper
diet" game.  You can improve your odds, but we live so long these days
that just about everything will catch up with you eventually.

The only thing that will save us is wicked good medical technology.
Preferably sooner than later.

j. andrew rogers